PREVENTING BICYCLE, SKATEBOARD AND OTHER WHEELED-SPORT INJURIES
Did You Know?
- Every two minutes, a child is treated in an emergency room for an unintentional cycle-related incident.
- More children are seen in emergency rooms for injuries related to riding toys than any other toy.
- Helmet use is the most effective way to reduce bicycle-related fatalities.
- Non-motorized scooters cause more injuries to kids than any other toy.
- If 85% of all children wore helmets every time they rode their bike for one year, an average of $109 to $142 million in lifetime medical costs would be saved.